Caring for your WordPress website
Sometimes we need reminders of the so-called common sense aspects of managing a WordPress website. This article on protecting against WordPress vulnerabilities is a helpful summary of website security best practices.
If you’re familiar with WordPress security, there’s not much new in that article. But I want to highlight two gems:
- Don’t install more than one security plugin. You could risk website performance. Find one security plugin you like and stick with it. I prefer SolidWP Security.
- Setup auto alerts. Your security plugin should include this feature.
Additionally, consider applying plugin auto-updates for the plugins you are pretty confident will not break your site when updated.
Caring for Your Business
Did you know that NASA’s website is built with WordPress?
That’s inspiring…in more than one way. You’re not alone in the internet universe. 🙂
Caring for Yourself
From this list of habits NOT to do, here are the ones I need to Not-Do:
- Do not e-mail first thing in the morning.
- Do not check e-mail constantly — check at set times only.
- Do not expect work to replace non-work relationships and activities.
How about you?
Do you maintain a WordPress website?
Get hand-picked practical tips, valuable resources, and creative inspiration from the best online sources – delivered to your Inbox twice a month.